Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Vamps-- Can I have one pppllleeeaaassseee?!?

Immortal Protector (The Immortals, #1)
 
 
Kindle Edition, 221 pages
Published February 24th 2013
by: Elizabeth Finn
 
original title: Immortal Protector
ISBN13: 9781931761413
edition language:English
 
Date Read: February 26 to 27, 2013
 
I'll be the first one to say that I pretty much detest reviews that start of with; "If you like (insert book title) then you'll like (insert book title)", however I cannot avoid it.

This book reminded me so much of the Black Dagger Brotherhood series, albeit a shorter version and there are several fundamental differences, but the one most important similarity: the chemistry between the two main characters is off-the-charts-HOTT!!

The only minor thing that I didn't like was Ember's attitude when she felt her life went to shit (not putting in spoilers to point out when) and yes it was a big part of the plot, so it definitely wasn't an issue with the author, who quite effectively made me want to scream at Ember for acting like my hormonal teenager.

"What if I can never remember us?" She broke the silence and stilled him.
"Then I guess we'll have to fall in love all over again."
"How can you be so sure that's possible?"
"Because we're so fucking good at it."

All I can say is that if I am ever a widow, I sure as hell hope that my next lover is a vampire, because damn, between JR Ward and now Elizabeth Finn, they sure are a big part of my ultimate fantasy... sigh~ a girl can dream, right?
 
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment