Thursday, February 28, 2013

RAID! Me

Raid (Unfinished Hero, #3)

Kindle Edition, 201 pages
Published February 27th 2013
by: Kristen Ashley
 
original title: Raid
ISBN13: 2940044346208
edition language: English
 
Date Read: February 28, 2013
 
I don't know how she does it each and every time. Kristen Ashley again penned another one of my favorites. How she intermingles so many of her kick ass series characters in almost each one; with glimpses of Knight, Creed and even the mention of the Nightingales along with Marcus & Daisy from Rock Chicks.

I never knew my grandma, but given the chance, Mildred Boudreaux with her marvelous personality is who I would pick. I loved how she just knew and threw out bits of wisdom without judgement.

"I know, child. What do you think is keepin' me on this earth? Not easy to let go that kind of love. That kind of love's got the power to hold you tethered to a world you should have left a long time ago."

Hanna wasn't perfect--kinda dorky and definitely a klutz--the cat food incident had me laughing out loud along with her many crazy conversations with Spot.

"The last time I matched my bike. This time, I matched my car..."

When Raid's PTSD reared it's very ugly head, good God, I wanted to kick his crap to the curb, but capturing that emotion, and being able to transcend it through a page, well that's what KA does fabulous.

In typical KA fashion, there's always a bit of drama; you just know that the Alpha's life is going to impact the girl, it always does. Like usual, the sex is off the charts hot, and while they do use a safe word, I did find that their "play" was actually pretty vanilla.

What prevents me from giving this 5 stars I that I wanted more. The scenes with the drama seemed anticlimatic and rushed. As a reader, I wanted to experience Raid being Raid as he avenged his woman, even if it made the book longer. Not saying KA did this, but I think that when authors try to strip something down to a magical set of pages, it truly pigeonholes the story.

The only minor thing that I don't like about KA's books is the covers. If I wasn't already a fan, they wouldn't draw me in-- just my opinion.

 
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment