Thursday, February 7, 2013

A Great Surprise

Come See About Me
 

Kindle Edition, 369 pages
Published June 7th 2012
by: CK Kelly Martin
 
ASIN: B00891HTEC
edition language: English
 
Date Read: February 07, 2013
 
This book was so not the style of my current reads; it's written in first person and frankly, while there are several passionate moments between Leah & Liam, it wasn't the usual freak fest I've been immersed in lately- there was actually so much tenderness. The first 30% depressed me~ seriously bawl like a baby, want to drown my sorrows in Jack, and made me wonder why the hell I was torturing myself reading it. Maybe it was because I related a bit too closely to Leah; but I am so glad I continued. While the conclusion is open ended so as a reader I was left to assume a HEA, it was nice to experience the main character's healing and growing strength as she climbed out of her pit. From the first page, the author that had me blubbering one minute and then hoping, cursing, cheering and finally sighing; it was well worth the emotional rollercoaster I encountered- this book will stay with me.  
 
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment