Monday, February 18, 2013

Heart from Ms. Hart (but no Heat)

Precious and Fragile Things

Kindle Edition, 400 pages
Published January 1st 2011
by: Megan Hart
 
original title: Precious and Fragile Things
ASIN: B004GEAF9M
edition language: English
 
Date Read: February 18, 2013
 
Have you ever wished for a break from it all; the kids, the dog, the husband, and day to day tasks that if you don't do them they wouldn't get done? I know I certainly have. Between the errands, the whining, the bickering and the husband who disregards her opinions and never listens to her or even makes the attempt to understand her, Gilly finds herself carjacked and kidnapped by a man who doesn't really have much to lose or really live for. Trapped in a cabin during a brutal winter Gilly refuses to back down from her desire to reunite with her family who she grows to appreciate, even with their annoying nuances.

The author surprisingly had me feeling sorry for Todd with his background. I was shocked at the ending even though I knew it had to happen; the romantic in me wanted their journey to go down another path. There was no sex in this book which was the first for this author for me-- usually her books are HAWT!, but even though it was not what I was expecting, I'd still recommend it. I feel like I need to clarify that this is a love story. Todd does fall in love with Gilly and although she does end up caring for him, this book captures the ultimate love between a mom and her children.

The reason I didn't give this book 5 stars was I would have liked to see snippets of Seth and Gilly's kids at home intermixed in the chapters. Did they miss her (of course they did)? What about the reuniting? It is summarized nicely with an epilogue, but of course that's months following her disappearance.


4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment